As a parts per million additive to ice rink water, icemax® provides a cost-effective way to generate a superior ice surface, reduce energy costs, and improve customer satisfaction.
Superior Ice Surface
- icemax® will produce a tighter grained ice crystal that will behave much like de-ionized ice rink water, without the capital and maintenance costs of a DI plant.
- icemax® will help to remove impurities from the rink’s source water, giving the ice a cleaner, smoother surface.
- icemax® will increase the bond cohesion between ice layers to give a better, stronger and more durable ice surface without the risk of ice layer delamination.
- icemax® can produce a stronger ice layer bond even when cold water is used in the resurfacing equipment, allowing substantial energy cost-savings.
- With icemax®, rink operators can run their base ice temperature 3 to 4 degrees higher to save energy, while still maintaining a quality ice surface.